Over the past year, the Covid-19 pandemic has shifted the world on its axis - while some people have enjoyed a new found love of nature, dog ownership and home-working, for others it has caused unprecedented levels of stress, anxiety, isolation and ill health.
As people are likely to continue working in this ‘new normal’ for the foreseeable future, maintaining good mental health is a key priority. For Codurance, happy employees = happy team members = happy customers.
It’s therefore so important that we focus on supporting our colleagues' mental health and wellbeing throughout the year. On May 10-16th we’ll be showing our support by organising a range of activities for Mental Health Awareness Week, an annual opportunity for everyone to focus on achieving good mental health.
Throughout the week we’ll:
- Run a session hosted by the Mental Health First Aiders at Codurance to raise awareness of what they do and to share some general tips.
- Organise a wellbeing / relaxation session for our people.
- Encourage our colleagues to share their ideas (photos, videos, links, descriptions) on how they maintain good mental health in their daily lives.
- Ask our colleagues to share music and playlists on our internal channels that encourage relaxation and positivity.
- Share recordings of previous wellbeing sessions that have taken place at Codurance to help people relax and stay calm.
- Encourage our people to connect with nature wherever possible and accessible.
Our people are our greatest asset and looking after their wellbeing cannot be prioritised enough. We’re looking forward to helping everyone at Codurance gain new ideas and skills to help them focus on their mental health in May, throughout 2021 and beyond.
To get involved in Mental Health Awareness Week visit https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/mental-health-awareness-week or follow #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek on social media.