How does The Academy work?
The Codurance Academy is a 4 month paid apprenticeship with hands-on learning opportunities.
Once completed, you will join our team of Craftspeople.
4 Month Programme
Hands on, intensive modules covering the essentials of Software Design, XP practices, Clean Code and DDD.
We pay you a full-time salary through The Academy programme - essentially, we pay you to learn.
All concepts are taught through hands-on exercises, coding katas, group discussions and code reviews.
You will be mentored by our Craftspeople; skilled professionals with a wide breadth and depth of expertise.
What skills & experience do I need to join The Academy?
We value the diversity of backgrounds, experience and skill that each professional brings to The Academy
Required skills & knowledge
- CRUD – Be comfortable with modelling and executing CRUD commands on relational database and be able to write tests (though we don't expect you to be able to test drive)
- Commercial Experience – Working within a development team
- Quality & Good Practice – Demonstratable awareness of the need for good, quality practices and self-learning
Desired skills & knowledge
- Processes & Principles – Understanding of the principles of Agile/Scrum/XP/Software Craftsmanship
- Test Drive Code – Be able to test drive code using both classicist and London school (including testing and refactoring legacy code)
- Full Stack / Macro Design – Familiar with full stack web applications and macro design (MVC, SPA, REST, N tier layers, Hexagonal Architecture)
- Design & Design Patterns – Familiar with OO design (SOLID, 4 rules of simple design, coupling/cohesion), DDD and design patterns
Hear from Academy graduates
The Codurance Training Academy is a positive experience.
Find out what our graduates say about it.