What is a Craftsperson?
A software craftsperson is a developer who values pragmatism and professionalism, and takes pride in the quality of their work. The mindset of a craftsperson is driven by their desire to continuously learn and improve.
We asked our people what being a craftsperson means to them and their day to day.
Take a look at software craftspeople roles
What skills do I need to be a Craftsperson?
- Coding – proficient in at least one language and familiar with principles such as SOLID, Test Driven Development and Domain Driven Design
- Automation & Operations – skilled at crafting effective continuous delivery pipelines, experience with cloud offerings such as Azure & AWS and technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes & Terraform
- Architecture – practical understanding of architectural patterns such as Hexagonal, Microservices, Event Sourcing and CQRS
- Consultancy – skilled, to a varying degree depending on seniority, in training, mentoring, facilitating, advising, leading and offering expertise to help clients at all levels of the software development effort
- Process & UX – values, concepts such as Design Thinking and Co-creation and understands that effective software engineers are ‘T’ shaped and have an awareness of the wide breadth of skills and expertise needed for a successful project
The Codurance Training Academy
If you love the idea of being a craftsperson but feel that it’s not the right time in your career then the Codurance Training Academy may be right for you.
Unlike many other courses, the 4 month Codurance Training Academy is a paid apprenticeship with hands-on learning opportunities.
Become one of our outstanding technology professionals
We are looking for developers of all levels to work with us across a variety of technologies and challenging projects. Apply now and join our vibrant internal culture of craftsmanship and learning.