Ready to be inspired?
Thank you for signing up
Join our newsletter for expert tips and inspirational case studies
Your welcome email is on its way! You can pick the emails you’d like to receive by clicking the link to the Preference Centre.
The fascinating conversation covered both the academic and business applications of Machine Learning, AI and Data Science with Riccardo helping to demystify what can be a complex topic to understand, especially for those that are just starting out in their journey.
Areas discussed during this fun and entertaining conversation included:
- The history of AI and Machine Learning
- The challenges around implementing Machine Learning compared to other enterprise solutions
- Building integrity into data sets
- The challenges that unintended changes can bring to algorithm results eg. Covid-19
- Real-world practical applications of Machine Learning from ice cream sales to autonomous cars!
- Understanding abstractions
- Issues around ethics and bias in the algorithm
- Trends in Machine Learning, including Vision & Language, Forecasting & Modeling, Application within Science and Modeling Real World Phenomena
- Recommendations on how to get started
For more information on the topics discussed in the podcast, visit Riccardo’s blog at https://volpato.io/
Other links of interest that Ricardo and Jose named in the podcast:
Making neural nets uncool again
Education – Google AI
Riccardo Volpato | The future of AI and Decision Making: Specification, Preferences and Interpretability
TensorFlow: An end-to-end open source machine learning platform for everyone. Discover TensorFlow's flexible ecosystem of tools, libraries and community resources.
OpenAI is an AI development and deployment company with the mission to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity.
Codurance and Satalia partner to deliver world-leading cutting-edge data science and optimisation solutions to its clients.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your next project.